What is GoDaddy?
Before you read this, have you read: 10 Tricks To Bulk Up Your WordPress
One day you are walking down the street and stumbled upon a hipster restaurant, but it is right at the end of the town yet how does this restaurant manage to gather a non-stopping crowd while being isolated?
Don’t think too much, your answer is right here.
The restaurant actually uses the advantage of having not just a common business website, but a successful one.
How did they achieve this? Can you also achieve the same thing? Or even better?
Well, all you need is an awesome Web Hosting.
Coincidentally, my cousin came to me for help in developing her fashion boutique’s customized website for Malaysians. Hence, I am sharing with you about every moment we had in cooperating with a Web Hosting company named GoDaddy.
1. Wait, what is this web hosting again?
No worries, I was in your shoes too. Here you go:
“A web hosting service is a type of internet hosting services that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.” – Wikipedia
Therefore, GoDaddy is the one that provides space for the server owned or leased by their clients, as well as providing internet connectivity.
Without a Web Host, you can’t even upload your nasi lemak picture to show it to your pen-pal.
2. Umm...Why GoDaddy?
I asked that question myself too, and I immediately received the answers.
Here it is: The Reasons why GoDaddy is the one for you.
- The World’s largest Domain name registrar
- 14 Facilities (Arizona, California, Iowa, Washington, Asia, Europe, India and many more.)
- 18 Million Customers
- 8K Employees
- 24/7/365 and 8766 hours round the clock for customer care operations
- 77 Million Domains under management
I know it sounds cliche, but they are really worth for you to check out.
3. Let's talk about domains
My cousin has always dreamed to own a fashion company as successful as NAELOFAR.
She struggled to showcase her fashion line online because of a highly competitive industry. But now, her fashion designs are being mentioned in every single magazine.
Why do you need a domain name?
Gucci, H&M, and even Pusat Pakaian Hari-Hari use the same pattern of words and images in all customer touchpoints – on their websites, through emails and order confirmations, on their signs, etc.
This is branding at its simplest, and these digital pieces of your brand all bloom from your single domain name.
Owning a domain name also includes more beneficial perks such as:
- Leaving your footprints – registering domains related to your baby idea or business name keeps others from using those names to draw traffic away from your website.
- Own your throne – with a domain name, you are able to move clients, friends and prospects wherever you desire (whether that’s a website, blog, social page or storefront.)
- Safeguard your assets – Your domains grants you a unique piece of digital real estate that is unusable by no one else as long as it’s registered to you.
4. Let's build a website, yay!
In GoDaddy, they actually encouraged their clients to create their own preferred website.
You don’t need the godly knowledge on how to create one. “Do-It-Yourself” is a method they portray with the tools like “Website Builder” and “Managed WordPress”, these let you customize your own site with drag & drop tools and gives you the power to create a more advanced site respectively.
What if you want to hire a local web designer?
Hiring a web designer is a great solution if you don’t have the time, skills or desire to create your own site. You can spend a small fortune on your website, but you don’t need to – not if you know what to look for.
Here are our top tips. Ensure your designer has:
- Plenty of experience, including a portfolio of sites he or she has designed that you can usher on.
- A list of references who will tell you how he or she is in the working environment.
- Rates that fit your budget and are well-defined, so you’re not surprised by random ‘extras.’
- A good understanding of your brand or style.
5. About WordPress... Hmm
GoDaddy is also cooperating with WordPress to make everyone’s life easier.
WordPress is the world’s most famous website building tool. It gives you access to thousands of free themes and plugins that assist in simplifying the design process and allow you to add powerful features with just a few clicks. Plus, with GoDaddy Managed WordPress, you get:
- Automatic setup, backups and WordPress software updates
- Industry-leading performance on our premium hosting platform
- Award-winning support from hosting experts, 24/7/365
Okay, so what does this WordPress do?
- Maintain the table – GoDaddy takes care of the technical stuff – automatic account setup and core updates, nightly backups with 1-click restore, DDoS protection, server optimization and more – so you can focus on building awe-inspiring sites.
- Built for performance – Host your website on the platform built expressly to optimize WordPress, with high-performance coolness like load-balanced servers and SSD drives.
- Award-winning support – As the world’s largest WordPress hosting provider, we have award-winning, 24/7 support ready to solve your toughest hosting issues, plus hundreds of WordPress videos and interactive walkthroughs.
- Keep bad guys at bay – Your site gets the personal bodyguard treatment, 24/7. Our security team monitors, thwarts, and deflects so you can rest easy.
Do we recommend GoDaddy?
There are serious questions to consider prior to signing up with GoDaddy. Primarily – speed. But also the money back guarantees and security features.
Despite that, if you’re looking for a fast, cheap option with good uptime and support, GoDaddy might be your cup of tea.
In this case, as Malaysian, we rate them as “terbaik” and highly recommend them.
Next Post: 10 Tricks To Bulk Up Your WordPress
Still Don't Know What You Want?
Tell us about your business and we’ll match the best hosting to your website.
Talk To Us
Get in touch with us to help chart the best path forward for you.
Call to learn more about us, we are just a phone call away.
+6 016 525 1180
Drop us a message, we’re always standing by and eager to help.